Saturday, December 31, 2011

What you doing New Year's Eve?

That's the question Zooey Deschanel and Joseph Gordon-Levitt ask.




The answer won't be watching the ball drop in Royal Oak. That event has been canceled. Take it away WXYZ on YouTube.




"Last year, Saab Motors of North America was their co-sponsor." Since Saab is no more, I'm not surprised that there is no ball drop. Just the same, I'm bummed, as I've been working in Oakland County for 15 years and living here for almost two, and I never even heard of this event until now, when it is not happening.

There are other New Year's events, though. Detroit is dropping a giant lit "D" on Campus Martius. Yes, really.




That's cool, but I'm not going there, either. Instead, I'll be at home with my wife watching the ball drop in Times Square on TV. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else.

No comments:

Post a Comment