Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Looks like the groundhogs were wrong and I was right about the weather

On the eve of Groundhog Day, I made my own forecast.
Based on this forecast, I expect both Punxsutawney Phil and Staten Island Chuck will agree that we'll get six more weeks of winter.
That's not what ended up happening, as The groundhogs thought we'd have an early spring after all.
They agreed, all right, along with Woody in Howell, but none of them agreed with me. Instead, all of them forecast an early spring. So much for my prognoticating power.
It looks like I sold myself short. While I was wrong about the groundhogs, it looks like I was right about the weather, as CNN reports in Not so fast, spring!

On the verge of spring, Mother Nature is playing by her own rules. CNN's Alison Kosik reports.
Doesn't look like an early spring to me.

That's the national picture. What about here in Michigan? WOOD-TV has the more current clip up on YouTube, so they have the honor of going next.


Yes, it's going to be cold and snowy through the weekend and it will still be below freezing overnight through next week. WXYZ here in Detroit has an older forecast, but it still shows the temperature predictions all the way to Sunday, and they're almost as chilly as those predicted for Grand Rapids.


So, did the animals get anything right? Yes, they did, the Super Bowl, as they picked the Ravens 4-3 over the 49ers.

No comments:

Post a Comment