Friday, March 1, 2013

Nablopomo for March: Risk


What's the theme for March 2013?
RISK

When was the last time you took a risk? I mean, honestly threw caution to the wind, said even a small chance of success was worth the possibility of failure, and took a big chance? If you can't remember the last time you took a risk, what are you waiting for? Don't you know that with great risks comes great rewards?
...
So start thinking about the risks you'd like to take this month and sign up for March's NaBloPoMo.
I think this theme, like January's Energy theme, is a natural fit for this blog.  As I wrote in the very first post on this blog, any blog about "civilizational collapse...and how to try to stave it off or at least survive it" has to make assessments of risks to the economy, society, and the environment to be any good.  It's time for me to emphasize that facet of my analysis once more.

Of course, not all risk analysis is about loss prevention; some is about gain.  That's one of the factors that inspired this theme on Nablopomo's part.
BlogHer Entrepreneurs conference happens March 21st and 22nd, so we thought we'd celebrate fierce, risk-taking women by making them the focus of our theme this month.
Detroit has its fair share of entrepreneurs and optimists, especially the ones associated with Model D Media, both those who write for the publication and those profiled by it.  I consider myself a fan of Model D, who are outright fans of Detroit.  They have the right attitude for the times, which I describe as "optimism but not business as usual."

I haven't blogged about Model D since last June; I really need to correct that oversight, and I have the perfect opportunity in reviewing The Buzz about Detroit for the week ending May 28, 2011 from Model D Media, the one top-ten-most-read articles from the first year of the blog I haven't posted a retrospective about.  It's time to correct that oversight as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment