Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Two dance interludes on campus

Since I can't be all DOOM all the time, I'm presenting these two dance interludes from campuses on the campaign trail that I included in the same Overnight News Digest on Daily Kos.  First, Rutgers University describes how Poi Dancing Reduces Stress and Improves Focus.

How do you relax? Rutgers students are using poi dancing, also commonly known as poi spinning, to help take the edge off the stresses of college life, while also improving focus and coordination. The real show starts when the lights are turned off and the spinning balls turn into ribbons of light. Take a look.
In a coincidence that I can't resist, Boston University posted Students Learn Aerial Dancing the very next day.

Students at Boston University learn the relatively new art of aerial dancing.
In case this dance form looks familiar, it's because I've posted a video featuring it in When fandoms collide at the auto show earlier this year.  Yes, these women can do this professionally.

That's it for these moments of grace, athleticism, fun, and escapism.  I'll return to my regular programming in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment