Friday, April 11, 2014

Holidays from the second year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News


I finished Social media for the second and third year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News with a sigh of relief followed by a look ahead.
That's all for the entries from the the third year of the blog for this year.  Maybe next year I'll describe how one or more broke out of the pack to get into the top ten list, but that's next year's problem.  On to finishing my retrospectives of the popular entries for the second year!
Tonight, I celebrate popular posts about holidays.  This is nothing new among my retrospectives.  After all, the most read entry posted during the first year of this blog ended up being Happy 4th of July from James Howard Kunstler's Tea Party!  That it didn't become that until a year later, as I detailed in Second Year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News: Kunstler's Tea Party, only made it more interesting.  Also, the second year of the blog included On Thanksgiving eve, I present "Food, Inc.", which I included after the jump in Student worksheets for the second and third year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News.  Finally, the third year had a post for one of my made-up holidays, Space news for Apophis Day, which headlined Space News for the second and third year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News.  Even though those were all holiday-related posts, they all fit better somewhere else.  That left two entries from the second year that just didn't find a with any of the above.

The more read of the two was Food Day News from Overnight News Digest on Daily Kos posted October 25, 2012, with 282 page views, good enough for the ninth most read entry of the second year of the blog.  The entry was one massive linkspam.  Much to my astonishment, it got view after view, most of which came from sources unknown.  I guess people just wanted to read news about food.  It's still popular, as it now has 349 page views.

The other was Happy Bastille Day!  It was posted, of course, on July 14, 2012, and received 204 page views.  It ended up in 19th place among the entries from the second year of the blog.  It was basically one tourist's video of Bastille Day 2011.  This entry gained a lot of views from web search, as I recall "Bastille Day" being one of the top search terms that week.  Unfortunately, it hasn't seen a lot of readers since then, as it currently has only 228 page views.  Too bad, it could use some love this coming Bastille Day.

 I love holidays. Here's to more popular entries about holidays!

I have one more entry left before I wrap up the second year of this blog--depressing political news.  Hey, what do you expect?  This may be a weird, hopeful doomer blog, but it's still a doomer blog.

Previous entries in this series.
Entries in the previous series:


No comments:

Post a Comment