Monday, April 28, 2014

Student sustainability video festival 20: Sodastream commercial


It's time for the next installment in this series after Student sustainability video festival 19: Singing Honey Bees.  In Sodastream commercial aired during Super Bowl, I made a promise.
As for the commercial that was banned, that was from last year's game.  I still plan on sharing that one in April during the next session of the Student Sustainability Video Festival.
It turns out that wasn't the video shown to my class back then, but I'll embed it anyway: Game Day 2013 Commercial: The Unaired SodaStream Ad.


Now, this is the video actually shown back in 2012: Imagine a World Without Bottles.

Our Earth is precious. Are we doing enough to protect it? Plastic bottles are a major source of pollution.
178 million liters of oil are used each year to manufacture 144,000,000,000 plastic bottles!
Yes, both of these are corporate PR and the presentation the latter was part of was a thinly disguised sales pitch that made me uneasy when I first saw it, but the students loved it.  In fact, I'm consistently surprised how much my students like sales pitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment