Monday, December 10, 2018

Vice and CNN show their viewers the doomsday bunkers of the well-to-do


It's been more than a year since I've written about preppers, so when Vice uploaded The Apocalypse Escape Plan Of The One Percent, I could not resist this shiny object.*

Doomsday prep is bigger than ever, and it's all thanks to the one percent. Thomas Morton reports.
I'm not that sure that the couple from Georgia being interviewed are from the richest one percent, but they have enough spare cash to afford one of these bunkers.

This isn't the first time the news media have looked at the doomsday bunkers of the well-to-do.  Last year, CNN showed its audience This doomsday bunker costs $3 million.

For $3 million you could have a fully loaded bunker converted from a nuclear missile silo in Kansas. Developer Larry Hall explains why the units are sold out.
When Vox wrote about the rise and fall of the American fallout shelter, which I embedded in Vox on nukes for another fake doomsday, it may have been premature.  These are fallout shelters with style!

*I know I promised "something about the Golden Globes," but I when I saw an opportunity to get back to this blog's roots, I took it.  I'm still in a somewhat serious mood.  Don't worry; I'll get to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment