Thursday, January 5, 2023

Senator Debbie Stabenow of Michigan announces retirement, will not run in 2024

While Kevin "Pickled Tongue" McCarthy is experiencing another "Groundhog Day," other important news stories are happening, including here in Michigan. WOOD-TV reported Sen. Stabenow: It’s the right time to ‘pass the torch’.


Yes, the speculation about who will succeed Stabenow will be intense over the next two years, but I think it's premature for me to indulge in it today. Still, I look forward to and expect it will be fun. I hope my readers will enjoy it as much as I will.

WOOD-TV uploaded the full interview as 'Pass the torch': Sen. Stabenow will not seek reelection in 2024.

After announcing Thursday morning that she will not seek reelection, U.S. Sen. Debbie Stabenow said serving Michigan has been “the honor of my life.”
I can't help but note that Senator Stabenow touted her accomplishments in the three largest sectors of Michigan's economy, manufacturing, especially of automobiles, tourism, albeit indirectly through protecting the Great Lakes, and agriculture — especially agriculture. Here's to two more years of her serving Michigan and the country and thanks to her for all she's done and will still do.

That's it for today's bonus post. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment