Sunday, May 5, 2024

Local news explains and celebrates Cinco de Mayo

¡Feliz Cinco de Mayo! As I wrote earlier today, "I was hoping there would be some Cinco De Mayo content in the episode, but my readers and I were not so lucky, so stay tuned for a brief holiday entry." I'm continuing with the educational content in KTVB in Boise, Idaho explaining Cinco de Mayo: Explaining the history behind the celebrations.

"If we don't keep these stories continually in our minds, the history disappears," said Dr. Dora Ramirez, the director of Ethnic Studies at Boise State University.
That advanced an academic angle. NBC Connecticut shared a more personal perspective as it answered Why Cinco de Mayo is more popular in the U.S.

Cinco de Mayo isn't a big celebration all over Mexico. Instead, it has its roots in the Mexican state of Puebla. A woman in Old Saybrook got the chance to celebrate Cinco de Mayo there and explains the history of this holiday.
Since this is a Michigan-based blog, I couldn't resist closing with ABC 13 in Grand Rapids describing How you can celebrate Star Wars Day, Cinco de Mayo at Condado Tacos.

Condado Tacos will be offering special dishes to recognize Star Wars Day and Cinco de Mayo this weekend.
I also couldn't resist the double celebration of Cinco de Mayo and Star Wars Day. My readers who are Star Wars fans can take another bite of that apple tomorrow for Revenge of the Sixth. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment