Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Marching music for the Indiana Primary — Star United, Manchester University, Avon H.S., and Castle H.S.

Welcome to this year's version of marching music for the Indiana Primary! I kick off the music to watch and listen while waiting for results with 2022 Star United Mini-Corps from Drum Corps Associates.

Presenting clips from the 2022 DCA Star United Mini-Corps Champio[n]ships!
And Star United won the Mini-Corps competition in 2022, as well, for the 14th consecutive year.

The above only featured highlights of the show. For an entire performance in a different venue, I turn to Star United Minicorps @ 2015 DCI Sound Sport - BFDTV.

The Star United Minicorps performs at the 2015 Sound Sport competition at the 2015 DCI World Championships Weekend. Captured 8.8.15
Star United won this contest, too. A belated congratulations and good luck in Sound Sport this summer!

Follow over the jump for the marching bands from the Hoosier State.

It's been more than a month since I last included a finalist from the Metallica marching band contest. While I finished all the high school and Division I college/university band finalists, I'm not done with the Division II/III college bands. I'm resuming covering that division with Manchester University's Spartan Pride Marching Band 2023 - The Music of Metallica.

This year, the Spartan Pride Marching Band has entered Metallica’s inaugural marching band competition. Come join us for an electrifying experience as we rock out to the timeless classics of Metallica!
While I might share a non-finalist high school band next week to represent West Virginia, I will finish the small college division on June 4th to represent New Mexico. In the meantime, I people who have clicked through on the link to Metallica's website will have noticed that the band has announced that they will be holding a second annual contest. This should be fun and I'm glad they're continuing with it!

Moving on to the high school bands, I'm sharing 2023 Avon HS Band BOA GN Semifinals Performance from Scott Mann.


Avon went on to win BOA Grand Nationals. Congratulations!

I conclude with a final band, Castle High School Marching Knights - 2024 Pasadena Bandfest by Luis of Music213.

From Newburgh, Indiana,
Castle High School Marching Knights performing their field show at the 43rd Annual Pasadena Tournament of Roses Bandfest on Saturday, December 30, 2023. They will be making their very first Rose Parade appearance on January 1, 2024!
I'm not done with Dua Lipa this week, as Castle H.S. played "Dance The Night" from Barbie. Billie Eilish may have won the Grammy and Oscar but Dua Lipa won the marching bands at the Rose Parade!

Luis captured the band's inaugural appearance in Castle High School Marching Knights - 2024 Pasadena Rose Parade.

From Newburgh, Indiana,
Castle High School Marching Knights performing at the 135th Pasadena Tournament of Roses Parade on Monday, January 1, 2024.
I promised in Some of my favorite bands at the 2024 Rose Parade for New Year's Day I would share this band for this post and I followed through.

That's a wrap for today's episode. I plan on the series returning next week on May 14, 2024 for the Maryland, Nebraska, and West Virginia Presidential Primaries. In the meantime, stay tuned for Wayback Wednesday.

Previous marching music for 2024 primaries and caucuses posts.

No comments:

Post a Comment