Saturday, February 29, 2020

BBC News explains why we need leap years


Happy Leap Year Day!  As I did four years ago, I'm celebrating the occasion by sharing a video explaining the science and history behind it.  Last time, Vox had the honors.  This cycle, it's Leap years and why we need them from BBC News

It's a leap year which means there's an extra day in the calendar - 29 February 2020. But why do we need it? The answer is a little more complicated than you may think.
As I wrote four years ago, "May you be smarter after reading and watching than you were before!"

Normally, this would be my last post of the month.  However, today is the South Carolina Primary, so I plan on doing for it what I already did for Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada, share some marching music for my readers to watch and listen while they are waiting for the results.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment