Saturday, February 29, 2020

Marching music for the South Carolina Primary — Carolina Crown and South Carolina State University


I told my readers to "stay tuned" at the end of BBC News explains why we need leap years by writing "today is the South Carolina Primary, so I plan on doing for it what I already did for Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada, share some marching music for my readers to watch and listen while they are waiting for the results."  Here goes.

South Carolina has one competitive drum corps, but it's an excellent one, Carolina Crown, so I begin with the show of theirs most on-topic for an election year, 2012's For The Common Good.



2012 Carolina Crown - For The Common Good

May all the candidates be focused on the common good.

Follow over the jump for the rest of the musical selections, which include 2016 and 2019 Carolina Crown and 2019 South Carolina State University.

Next, another show with a theme that fits the candidates, 2016's Relentless.



Ft. Mill, SC - 3rd Place 97.088

That's only a teaser trailer of the show.  For a complete (non-competitive) performance, watch Vic Firth Marching's 2016 Carolina Crown - FULL SHOW.

Vic Firth takes you BEYOND the lot with CAROLINA CROWN as they perform their 2016 production "Relentless" during finals week in Indianapolis, IN! EIGHT HD cameras you WON'T see anywhere else!
May the candidates be relentless in the pursuit of their goals and those of their voters.

Since I've featured videos of the recent shows from each corps available on DCI's YouTube channel in this series, I'm following suit with 2019 Carolina Crown | Beneath the Surface.



Ft. Mill, SC | 4th Place | 96.563

Vic Firth Marching also has a complete (non-competitive) performance in 2019 Carolina Crown - FULL SHOW.

Vic Firth takes you BEYOND the lot with CAROLINA CROWN as they perform their 2019 production "Beneath The Surface" during finals week in Indianapolis, IN! EIGHT HD cameras you WON'T see anywhere else!
My recommendation for people who want to get beneath the surface of this campaign season is to read FiveThirtyEight, not watch a drum corps show.

Speaking of not watching drum corps, I know that not all of my readers are drum corps fans, not even all the ones who care about marching music.  For them, I'm sharing SCSU Marching 101 Field Show @ Dillon BOTB 2019.



SCSU Marching 101

Since South Carolina is the first state where a majority of the Democratic primary voters are African-American, it's only fitting that I feature an HBCU marching band.

That's it for February, but not for this series.  I plan on posting the next one in a few days for a drum corps Super Tuesday.  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment