Wednesday, February 7, 2024

Colbert talks 'Trump has no immunity' plus Joy-Ann Reid and Katy Tur on the election

Just after I posted Marching music for the 2024 Nevada Primary from University of Nevada, Reno, and UNLV, the D.C. Court of Appeals ruled that ex-Presidents have no immunity from prosecution. Stephen Colbert addressed that in last night's monologue, Rejected: Trump Has No Immunity | Biden Speaks To The Dead | Super Bowl LVIII Is A Biden-Swift Psyop.

A three-judge panel smacked down the former president’s claim of absolute immunity from prosecution, the current president might be talking to ghosts, and conspiracy theorists believe the CIA is rigging the Super Bowl to help Taylor Swift get President Biden reelected.
Donald Trump's legal troubles can get worse than the E. Jean Carroll judgment. This ruling allows Trump's trial for election interference to continue. With any luck, it might actually result in a verdict before the election. My readers and I can hope.

Speaking of hope, Stephen's guest last night was Joy-Ann Reid: Donald Trump Wants To Run On A Border That’s On Fire.

Author and political analyst Joy-Ann Reid offers an explanation for why Republicans in Congress have withdrawn support for a bipartisan bill to reform America’s immigration and border policies. Stick around for more with Joy-Ann Reid and watch her show, “The ReidOut,” on MSNBC.
I wrote The Right learned all the wrong lessons from 1984 a dozen years ago and "Oceania has always been at war with Eastasia" is one of them.

Joy was more confident that I was four years ago. I was confident that Biden should win then, but I wasn't confident that he would. As for her being terrified now, Joy, I feel you. People know what Trump's like, and they're still voting for him. Yikes!

Hearing Joy talk about the election reminded me of Katy Tur Breaks Down the Similarities of Trump's Presidential Runs on Late Night with Seth Meyers last week.

Katy Tur compares Trump's presidential run to 2016, talks about Trump choosing to campaign in courtrooms and discusses getting interrupted by her husband while filming Katy Tur Reports during the pandemic.
I can't complain about Trump recycling and reusing his material, since I do the same, but I will point out that he's showing his age. Too bad Nikki Haley is nearly alone in pointing this out. Trump deserves the "Biden is old" treatment, too.

Finally, I'm glad Katy, her husband, and their marriage survived the pandemic. I can relate. There were good things about working from home, but much of my work is easier in person.

Stay tuned for a short post tomorrow, maybe about California's weather or a Closer Look from Seth Meyers. I haven't decided yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment