Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Fat Tuesday is Paczki Day in Michigan!

Happy Paczki Day AKA Fat Tuesday! I couldn't find a clip of Debbie Dingell delivering paczki and talking about democracy on WDIV in Detroit for Fat Tuesday, so straight to the Polish pastries I go with WXYZ asking What is Paczki Day? Taking you inside the beloved tradition.

Fat Tuesday is tomorrow -- kicking off Paczki Day in Metro Detroit. Where is your favorite place around town to get paczki.
I got lucky with this clip, as WXYZ has disabled embedding on most of their YouTube videos the past couple of years. That's why I haven't used them, despite them being a staple of this blog until the pandemic. I wasn't so lucky with Fox 17 WXMI in Grand Rapids' How they're made: Sandy's Donuts celebrating Fat Tuesday with Paczki all day! I didn't find out it wouldn't embed until after I got the following screengrab.


Very pretty! Too bad I couldn't embed the video. Fortunately, MLive has a similar story in Preparing for Paczki Day at Sandy’s Donuts in Grand Rapids.

It’s paczki time again, and the seasonal Polish treat is available at Sandy’s Donuts on Leonard Street in Grand Rapids, Mich. starting Monday, Feb. 12, until Saturday. (Rebecca Particka/MLive)
This would be the perfect place to sign off, but I can't resist a Fat Tuesday tradition from New Orleans, where today is the last day of Mardi Gras. Watch Southern University Human Jukebox | Boogie Oogie Oogie | Krewe of Poseidon 2024 from Human Jukebox Media.


Enjoy your Fat Tuesday and your local traditions of celebrating it. Now stay tuned for Valentines Day. May it not be a sad occasion.

No comments:

Post a Comment