Tuesday, April 16, 2024

SciShow invites you to 'Actually Understand Type 2 Diabetes'

I wrote that "I'm a diabetic and...I consider it to be a central organizing fact of my life" in Today is World Diabetes Day and November is National Diabetes Month. Normally, I'd wait until World Diabetes Day to blog about my condition, but SciShow uploaded Actually Understand Type 2 Diabetes on Friday, so I sharing it with my readers.

Type 2 diabetes affects over 400 million people. It can be confusing and difficult to manage, so in this video we'll answer all your questions about type 2 diabetes, including what to eat, what affects your risk, and is there a cure.

Hosted by: Reid Reimers (he/him)
I'm a type 1 diabetic (adult onset), but I found much of the information in this video useful. A1C levels, diet, and exercise are all things I have to be mindful of, too. In addition, the video briefly explained how type 1 diabetes happens as well. As I'm fond of writing, It's always a good day when I learn something new. I hope my readers learned something new, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment