Saturday, April 20, 2024

PBS Eons describes 'The Hazy Evolution of Cannabis' for 4/20

Happy 4/20! Instead of blogging about marijuana legalization, I'm sharing The Hazy Evolution of Cannabis by PBS Eons — science!

How did such a strange plant like cannabis come to be in the first place? When and where did we first domesticate it? And why oh why does it get us high?
Congratulations on telling the smartest stoner jokes on YouTube I've encountered so far. Also, I knew about the relationship between hops and Cannabis my senior year of college, when I looked through Munz and Keck's A California Flora and Supplement and found them together in Moraceae. That bit of trivia impressed my friends 40+ years ago. They have since been moved to Cannabaceae, where they are, as the video states, sister genera. I think that would have impressed my friends even more.

That's it for today's post. Stay tuned for the Sunday entertainment feature followed by Earth Day.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks to Infidel753 for linking to this entry at Link round-up for 17 March 2024 and welcome to all of you who came here from his link! Also, welcome to my international readers from Hong Kong, China, Bulgaria, Germany, and the rest of the planet! I appreciate all of you, especially my readers from Hong Kong, who contributed about 11,800 page views this week, nearly ten times as many as my American readers. Honorable mention goes to China, which contributed about 1,400 page views this week, slightly more than my American readers.

    ReplyDelete