
Happy National Nonprofit Day! I'm finally embedding a National Day Calendar video via KX News, NATIONAL DAY CALENDAR: National Nonprofit Day.
Today is also National Thrift Shop Day | August 17th - National Day Calendar.
So what's today's topic? Michigan thrift shops operated to support nonprofits! Follow over the jump.
I begin with National Thrift Shop Day on Monday from WNEM TV 5 in Saginaw, Flint, Midland, and Bay City.
Volunteers of America is getting ready to celebrate National Thrift Shop Day on Monday, August 17 with special deals and prizes.CBS Detroit featured Volunteers of America in Celebrating National Thrift Shop Day two years ago, when Aubrey McFarlane explained the charity's mission more clearly and succinctly.
You can celebrate National Thrift Shop Day on Aug. 17 at Volunteers of America Michigan's thrift stores.The name of the show Troy Bridges is referring to is Antiques Roadshow. Also, Volunteers of America's web site lists their charitable programs. In addition to assisting veterans and providing affordable housing, Volunteers of America runs Operation Backpack, which the college where I teach has participated in.
I close with Click On Detroit | Local 4 | WDIV suggesting Looking to save money while back-to-school shopping? Try thrifting.
If you have kids, you know brand-name outfits for back to school are a must.That was fun to watch, and Meghan mentioning necessity shoppers reminded me that when I was scraping by 20-25 years ago, I did a lot of thrifting, particularly for warm clothes. One time that stands out was 2003 in Scranton, Pennsylvania, when the ex-girlfriend I usually write about and I went to a thrift shop to buy fall clothes so I wouldn't be freezing for Drum Corps Associates Championships on Labor Day weekend. It might still have been summer, but it was chilly! That trip saved me, and I wore those clothes for years.
Now is the time to stock the closet, but who wants to pay $30 for a T-shirt?
Priya Mann shared a thrifty option for people looking to save more than a couple of bucks.
That's a wrap for today's double holiday. Stay tuned to see if I return to awards show coverage tomorrow or blog about something else.
No comments:
Post a Comment