Thursday, April 30, 2020

Samantha Bee explains why we need to save the Postal Service

At the last minute, I changed my mind about what I'm writing about today.  Instead of the retrospective about this blog on Twitter I promised twice to observe Throwback Thursday, I decided to share Full Frontal with Samantha Bee's Why We Need To Save The Postal Service.

Contrary to what you might think, eliminating the Postal Service wouldn’t just pose a threat to the letters filled with cash we all still get from our grandparents. It would also threaten our democracy!
I was wondering what the my mailbox would look like without junk mail.  Now I'm finding out.  As I've written about lower birth rates, "Be careful what you wish for; you might get it."  It's hard to vote by mail without the USPS, along with all the other services it provides.

*I'll post that retrospective next Thursday paired with the final retrospective about the ninth year of this blog for Flashback Friday next week.  In the meantime, stay tuned for May Day.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. LOL — and UPS and FedEx, but those don't reach everyone either. Also, welcome back!

      Delete