Wednesday, October 25, 2023

I begin Spooky Season with the 2016 Academy's 'Drum Corpse Bride' for a drum corps Halloween

I foreshadowed today's post in a footnote to Drink to 1988 Santa Clara Vanguard playing 'The Phantom of the Opera' for a drum corps Halloween 2021.
Courtney also has a reaction video to The Academy's "Drum Corpse Bride" show. If it's still up next year and none of the 2021 or 2022 shows inspire me, I might use it.
I posted Kicking off spooky season with 2014 Cavaliers 'Immortal' for a Drum corps Halloween instead last year, but I'm an environmentalist; I recycle, so watch New Zealand Girl Reacts to DRUM CORPSE BRIDE - The Academy Drum and Bugle Corps 2016.

Hi everyone welcome back to another video!!! Big thank you to Nick for sending this one through!!
I always find Courtney's naive reactions fun to watch. Besides, she's preserving shows that would otherwise disappear from YouTube.

Speaking of preserving things, I first wrote about this show in The Archdruid and I talk drum corps.
@JMG: "drum and bugle corps (corpses? How do you pluralize that?)" Both the singular and plural are spelled "corps," but the s is silent in the singular but pronounced in the plural; the word is French and the original rules sort of followed along. Coincidentally enough, a corps played on that very confusion by calling their show "The Drum Corpse Bride." The program could have been very pretentious, but it ended up being a great crowd pleaser.
...
That show was good enough to place eleventh, ahead of Boston Crusaders and Madison Scouts, who didn't even make the final show of the championships.
Drum Corps International played along, too, as it's among the first of 5 reasons “Drum Corpse Bride” is everything you need for Halloween.

The Academy's “Drum Corpse Bride” trick or treated its way into the hearts of fans as one of the most charming shows to hit the field during the 2016 Drum Corps International Tour.
LOL, "Drum Corpse International."  I'm glad to hear that the announcer has a sense of humor.

Follow over the jump for a bonus show video and a drink.

Continuing the Halloween theme, I'm sharing John F. Kennedy HS Shamrock Regiment | 2023 Kennedy FT. Look for Audrey 2 on the field.

The John F. Kennedy High School Shamrock Regiment performs their show entitled, "Little Shop of Horrors" at their home tournament, the 36th Annual Kennedy Preview of Champions, held on October 21, 2023.
That was fun. I'm looking forward to seeing how this band improves over the next month.

Now the drink, Audrey 2 | Little Shop of Horrors.


Feed me, Seymour!

Drink responsibly and stay tuned for more Halloween posts through the end of the month. Trick or treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment