Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Kicking off spooky season with 2014 Cavaliers 'Immortal' for a Drum corps Halloween

Happy spooky season! I searched for "scary drum corps shows" on Sunday and retrieved FloMarching's 10 Scary Good Shows To Get You In The Halloween Spirit. The one that caught my attention was Cavaliers' 2014 production "Immortal." Drum corps vampires!

Watch The Cavaliers 2014 Immortal, an unofficial upload of the entire show, which I am tempted to recommend to Courtney Coulston for a reaction video.


Now for the official clip from Drum Corps International: 2014 The Cavaliers - Immortal.


This clip will still be here when the first video is taken down. As I write repeatedly about unofficial uploads, enjoy them while they last.

By the way, when I first heard about this show, I recalled that my acquaintance Lee Rudnicki wrote My Immortal the Vampires of Berlin in 2010. Lee marched, instructed, and directed drum corps, so I suspect his book helped inspire this show.

For today's cocktail, I'm sharing Spirit Cocktails' Magic the Gathering Elixer of Immortality Cocktail.

In the game of Magic the Gathering, this card can become the saving grace for many decks allowing you to reshuffle your entire graveyard back into your deck. When creating this into a cocktail I wanted to bring in an element of life so I used Acai Mixed Berry Juice for Acai's life prolonging properties. The flavor is very sweet with a bit of citrus notes complimenting the multitude of berry flavors. Overall this is a very refreshing and well balanced cocktail with a very enjoyable flavor.

Recipe:
2 oz. Vodka
1/2 oz. Triple Sec
3 oz. V8 Fusion Acai Mixed Berry
Top with Sprite

Preparation: Build all ingredients in order into a highball glass over ice and give it a quick stir then serve.
Drink responsibly and stay tuned for more Halloween posts through the end of the month. Trick or treat!

No comments:

Post a Comment