Thursday, August 15, 2024

Colbert, Meyers, and 'The Daily Show' take closer looks at Trump's Twitter interview

I'm back from the hospital and feeling well enough to post some comedy about what happened while I was being treated.* I begin with Stephen Colbert Musk & Trump’s Livestream Fail | Trump Flies Around On Epstein’s Plane | Obama’s Brat Summer.

Donald Trump slurred his words throughout his disastrous X Spaces livestream with Elon Musk, and his team is in panic mode after it was revealed that the former president has been renting a plane that once belonged to Jeffrey Epstein. Elsewhere, Barack Obama’s annual summer playlist dropped and it’s as spicy as ever.
Lisping convicted criminal Hoover Cleveland not only sounds like Sylvester the Cat, but also Daffy Duck. What do you expect? They were both voiced by Mel Blanc.

Not only did I miss blogging, I missed Stephen. I also missed Seth Meyers, so here he is with Rattled Trump Blames Technology for Disastrous X Livestream with Elon Musk: A Closer Look.

Seth takes a closer look at Trump lashing out against cell phone technology for making him sound insane during a disastrous livestream with Elon Musk.
Seth making a Ron DeSantis joke reminds me that his campaign announcement on Twitter was also a technological disaster. Hah!

By the way, I have that screaming goat/sheep video embedded here. Enjoy!

I close with The Daily Show's mock report Twitter Glitches Out for Elon’s Interview and So Does Trump.

Desi Lydic tackles Donald Trump’s glitchy interview with Elon Musk on X, in which a slurring Trump announced plans to close the Department of Education, played '90s pop culture trivia with Vladimir Putin, and revealed his new celebrity crush.
"Trump announced plans to close the Department of Education" — and Hoover Cleveland says he has nothing to do with Project 2025. Yeah, right.

*It's great to be back! I'll describe my hospitalization another time. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment