Wednesday, August 7, 2024

The Daily Show covers Tim Walz plus Walz's first speech as running mate

I took a serious look at Kamala Harris selecting Tim Walz for VP yesterday, so it's time for a funny take today, beginning with Kamala Harris Picks Minn. Governor & Midwestern Dad Tim Walz as Running Mate | The Daily Show.

Michael Kosta gets to know Tim Walz, the Minn. governor Kamala Harris chose as her running mate. While the Trump campaign claims the vice presidential candidate will “unleash hell on earth,” Democrats love his political record and "Midwestern dad af" vibes. Plus, Josh Johnson weighs in on why Walz is the “right type of white guy” for this race.
I tell bad dad jokes myself — sometimes on this blog! — so I'm glad someone else who does is running.

Now, it's time for Tim to tell his story himself in MSNBC's Gov. Tim Walz’s first speech as Kamala Harris’ running mate.

Minnesota Governor Tim Walz speaks to an energized Democratic rally in Philadelphia after being introduced for the first by by Vice President Kamala Harris as her running mate.
I was satisfied with Walz being chosen yesterday, but I was thrilled after watching this speech. I can tell Walz addressed a lot of pep rallies as coach and made sure to project his voice to the students in the back of the auditorium, just so they'd pay attention. He also made sure to inspire the student body. Yes, I played football in high school and later taught high school. I remember those days.

Not only did I find Walz an inspiring speaker, I found him an effective attack dog while still having a sense of humor. While I was waiting for him to call the Republican agenda "weird," which he did, he surprised me when he made a couch joke about JD Vance. Yes, I saw what he did there.

I promised that I'd cover the results of Tuesday's primaries in Michigan and maybe Kansas and Missouri. Stay tuned for that tomorrow if I don't get distracted by a shinier object. The way the news has been lately, that's always a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment