Sunday, October 20, 2019

Watch squirrels stealing acorns for Wester 2019


Happy Wester!  To explain today, I'm going to be a good environmentalist and recycle.
For any new readers who don't yet know the story of Wester, I'm quoting For Winter Solstice 2016, the Archdruid and I discuss Discordianism and fake holidays.
[Me:] Oh, I'm familiar with Discordianism.  I'm single-handedly keeping alive a fake holiday called Wester, which is the first Sunday following the first Full Moon after the Autumnal Equinox.  When I first posted about it, my Discordian friend claimed it for Discordianism.  As far as I'm concerned, it's still a Discordian holiday.
...
[Greer:] Pinku-Sensei, yes, I thought I remembered you were a closet Discordian. Wester is funny; presumably that was the day that some messiah or other descended from the living?
...
[Me:] I agree, Wester is funny.  As for an anointed one descending from the living, sorry, that wasn't part of the Wester story that I heard.  However, the holiday has its own animal mascot, the Wester Squirrel, which goes around and gathers goodies to hide instead of hiding goodies to pass out like the Easter Bunny.
Speaking of squirrels gathering goodies and hiding them, BBC Earth caught them doing that and more in Squirrels Savagely Stealing Acorns | Spy In The Wild.

Our spy cam witnesses the claws come out as these fluffy-tailed rodent bandits scramble for acorns!
...
Spy Squirrel discovers how real squirrels use intellect and subterfuge to outwit other thieving squirrels.
This video should look familiar.  I embedded the preview of it in Silly Squirrels for Happy Wester 2017!  Time to be a good environmentalist and recycle again.
Serves that squirrel right.  That reminds me, it's time for a Wester blessing.  May the Wester Squirrel not steal anything from you and hide it!
Once again, Happy Wester!

No comments:

Post a Comment