Thursday, June 29, 2023

CBS Detroit reports 'Michigan could become a climate safe haven'

It didn't take long for me to revisit CityNerd lists 'Ten Lovely Cities You Can Migrate To and (Maybe) Survive Climate Havoc' as CBS Detroit uploaded Michigan could become a climate safe haven today.

As the effects of climate change become harder to ignore, there's not a place on the planet that won't feel an impact.
I was a little disappointed that CityNerd didn't include cities in Michigan among his list of climate havens, so I'm glad to see this video. I'm even more glad because the example of Ari Biswas and his family fit what I wrote in January: "I expect more of the early wave of migrants will be those already familiar with Michigan. If so, welcome back! Michigan missed you!"

In addition, Dr. Jonathan Overpeck mentioned a story I tell my students about the Great Lakes Compact, which forbids exporting water out of the Great Lakes watershed in containers larger than five gallons. In fact, I just told my students about it today. I'm just surprised I never wrote about it here until now.

I'm sure I'll have more to write about this trend. In the meantime, stay tuned for Asteroid Day, Canada Day, World UFO Day, and 4th of Julyholidays galore to end June and begin July!

No comments:

Post a Comment