Tuesday, June 13, 2023

LegalEagle explains 'Trump's Bombshell Federal Document Indictment'

Donald Trump is scheduled to be arraigned today — for the second time — on one of 'the Trump investigations you should actually care about'.
The other federal investigation is focused on classified documents that Trump brought with him from the White House to his Florida estate after losing the 2020 election. According to reports from the Washington Post and the New York Times, when the FBI searched his estate in August 2022, they found documents related to nuclear weapons, as well as files containing information that could put US informants in the field in danger.
LegalEagle explains the charges and evidence for them released so far in Trump's Bombshell Federal Document Indictment.

This is a bombshell...Will he actually go to jail this time?
Yes, it's a bombshell, one that requires more analysis than I'm willing and able to give here. After all, I'm a scientist, not a lawyer. I refer my readers to Marcy "Emptywheel" Wheeler's posts on the subject. She's much better at this than I would be.

I'm being a good environmentalist by recycling my answer to his second question.
I expect he'll be sentenced to house arrest in Trump Tower with the Secret Service as his guards, at least for this set of crimes. He might get a more severe punishment if he's indicted and convicted for crimes in Georgia and Washington, D.C.
I thought that this indictment would be in Washington, D.C., not Florida, but the jurisdiction doesn't matter for my expectations of punishment; it might be more severe than mere house arrest.

I'm sure I'll have more to say on this later, but first stay tuned for Flag Day, when I usually examine the state of D.C. statehood. It's also TFG's birthday. LOL, happy birthday. Enjoy your indictment presents!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you think I'll let your off-topic spam stay, you're on crack. Deleted.

      Delete