Thursday, March 21, 2024

Company Man explains the song rights to 'Happy Birthday' for the 13th birthday of the blog

Nowruz Mubarak! Happy International Day of Nowruz AKA Persian New Year and happy 13th birthday of this blog! I'm changing the emphasis a bit for today's celebration because this blog is now a teenager. Birthday first!

I found just the video for today's observance, Company Man's Happy Birthday - Song Rights. Take it away, Company Man Mike!

It's a song we all know, yet we were unable to sing it on TV, in movies, or even in restaurants. This video explores why this was the case and why this is no longer the case.
This is a story I should have shared years ago, but I'm happy to spread good news whenever I learn about it. If my readers already know about it, great! If not, I hope they learned something and feel the same I do about any day I learn something new, that it's a good day.

With that, I'm once again wishing my blog a happy 13th birthday!


Before today, I didn't realize that "Happy Birthday" has 13 letters. Count the letters and candles yourself.

And to everyone who celebrates it, Nowruz Mubarak, happy Persian New Year!


Stay tuned for World Water Day tomorrow, followed by more celebrations of the 13th year of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment