Saturday, March 21, 2015

Nowruz Mubarak (Happy Nowruz) and happy birthday to this blog!


Happy New Blog Year!  Today is the fourth anniversary of the first entry on this blog, making it this blog's birthday.  Since it is also Persian New Year, I wish all of my readers a happy Nowruz, just as I did last year and the year before.  I could be an environmentalist and recycle, but since I like videos so much, I instead present Nowruz (Simply Explained!) from FactXTract on Youtube.

How much do you know about Persian New Year called Nowruz? Did you know that there is an equivalent for Santa Claus in Persian culture called Uncle Nowruz? Or did you know that you might have guests at your home at 3 a.m., right after the arrival of Nowruz?
I'm not the only non-Persian celebrating Nowruz in the U.S.  Follow over the jump for two videos of the First Family celebrating the event as well.

Michelle Obama beat her husband to the punch last week as The First Lady Celebrates Nowruz at the White House.

On March 11, 2015, First Lady Michelle Obama welcomed all to a celebration of the Persian New Year, Nowruz, at the White House.
The President marked the holiday in a more serious manner as President Obama’s Nowruz Message to the Iranian People.

President Obama sends best wishes to everyone celebrating Nowruz. In his video message, the President speaks directly to the people and leaders of the Islamic Republic of Iran about a path of greater opportunity for the Iranian people.
As I wrote in the comments to the first post, President Obama is a Crazy Eddie, and his video address supports this.  As a fellow Crazy Eddie, I approve.

Stay tuned for an entry about the statistics for the fourth year of this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment