Tuesday, October 22, 2024

Stewart, Meyers, and Colbert take closer looks at Trump 'working' at McDonald's

An early happy National TV Talk Show Host Day! I'm celebrating early because I have the perfect three videos for today that my wife and I watched last night and because I plan on going full spooky season tomorrow for National Horror Movie Day. Priorities.

I begin with Jon Stewart on Trump's McDonald's Shift & His "Enemy Within" Threat | The Daily Show.

With two weeks until the election, Jon Stewart sifts through the increasingly weird and surreal election news: from Trump's ramble about Arnold Palmer's d*ck, to his shift at McDonald's, to Kamala Harris's campaign event with Liz Cheney. Plus, he breaks down the GOP's reaction to Trump's "enemy within" comment.
I'm reacting to Trump's publicity stunt by recycling my remark from 'SNL' lampoons the Fox News interview of Kamala Harris in its cold open.
As for Trump working the fryer at McDonald's, I can say it's tougher than he thinks it is, because I worked in fast food while going to UCLA, first at Jack-in-the-Box, then at Wendy's. To repeat what I wrote in 'SNL' tries to turn a week of unfunny news into comedy and gets saved by Adam Driver and Olivia Rodrigo, "[he] should see what it's like from the other side of the counter!"
I don't think convicted criminal Donald Trump learned one useful thing from this experience. He's too old a dog to learn new tricks.

Trump's planned publicity stunt was the second weirdest thing that happened over the weekend. Seth Meyers examined the other in Trump's Weird Story About Arnold Palmer's Penis Size, McDonald's Stunt: A Closer Look.

Seth takes a closer look at Donald Trump staging a photo opportunity at a McDonald's and talking about how well-endowed Arnold Palmer was.
Like Seth, I'm not happy about it. I'm sure Standards and Practices wasn't, either.

I close with Stephen Colbert, who brought some good news in Harris Leads In Early Voting, Deftly Handles MAGA Heckler | Trump Fixates On Arnold Palmer's Manhood.

Stephen Colbert is among the millions of Americans who have already cast their vote for president, VP Kamala Harris deftly handled a MAGA heckler who interrupted her rally, and former president Trump subjected his rally goers to a 12-minute screed about a dead celebrity's genitalia.
May Kamala Harris not only lead in early voting, but in the final popular vote tally and the Electoral College, too.

Stay tuned tomorrow as I go full spooky season.

No comments:

Post a Comment