Monday, October 21, 2024

Mark Rober's squirrel obstacle course for Wester and Squirrel Awareness Month

A belated Happy Wester, the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Autumnal Equinox! As I have since 2013, I'm featuring the animal mascot for the fake holiday, the squirrel. In a case of serendipity, it turns out that Wester normally falls during October, which is Squirrel Awareness Month.

I telegraphed today's featured video last year.
Mark Rober, who I've mentioned twice before, has squirrel obstacle course videos. I might use them next year. Stay tuned to see if I remember.
I remembered. Watch Backyard Squirrel Maze 1.0- Ninja Warrior Course.

Squirrels were stealing my bird seed so I solved the problem with mechanical engineering :)
Like Emmy nominee My Garden of a Thousand Bees, this entire project shows the wonders of nature people observed in their own backyards during the pandemic.

For more reactions, watch Former NASA engineer ?@MarkRober? makes incredible obstacle course for squirrels | Your Morning from CTV.

@MarkRober is also an established YouTuber and his creation is part Ninja Warrior but hopes to make eating food out of the bird feeder more difficult, he greatly underestimated his opponents.
People also found simple pleasures while staying safe at home. May we not forget the lessons we learned during the pandemic.

That's a wrap for today's fake holiday. The next day inspired by Wester is Norther, which will occur on Sunday, January 19, 2025. In the meantime, stay tuned for whatever I can blog about next.

No comments:

Post a Comment