Wednesday, August 23, 2023

Company Man explains 'Crazy Eddie's Crazy Fraud'

As I explained in the first post, I named this blog after "Crazy Eddie," a legendary character among the Moties in Niven and Pournelle's "The Mote in God's Eye." Niven and Pournelle were almost certainly inspired by a real-life story, which Company Man Mike told this June in Crazy Eddie's Crazy Fraud.

Crazy Eddie was an emerging chain electronics store in the 1980's, most known for their wild commercials, advertising their insaaaaaaaaaane prices. Sadly, what seemed to be a promising business, turned out to be a giant fraud. This video details that fraud.
I'm connected to this story beyond it appearing to be the inspiration for the character I named the blog after. Sam Antar and I follow each other on Twitter (now X, but that's another story). It's a small world.

With that, it's time to resume grading final exams and submitting grades. See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment