Monday, August 7, 2023

Primetime and Creative Arts Emmy Awards shows postponed indefinitely because of strikes

I told my readers "I plan on continuing my awards show coverage tomorrow, but I haven't decided exactly what to write" at the end of 'Queer Eye' leads structured reality shows at the Emmys — again. I then asked if they had any suggestions. I didn't get any, but one of the possibilities was "Emmys postponed because of strikes." I decided to write about that today. Watch TODAY report Primetime Emmy Awards postponed due to ongoing strikes.

The 75th Primetime Emmy Awards has been postponed due to the ongoing strikes by the Writers Guild of America and SAG-AFTRA. The Emmys broadcast was scheduled to take place on Sept. 18, and a new date has not been announced.
KTLA interviewed an expert for more details in Elaine Low talks the Emmys getting postponed and the status of the WGA & SAG Strike.

Check out more of Elaine's work at TheAnkler.com.
She also has a daily newsletter and blog at StrikeGeist.com.
This segment aired on the KTLA 5 Weekend Morning News on July 29, 2023.
That was at the end of July. Since then, there was a glimmer of hope, as Good Morning America reported WGA and AMPTP hold first meeting since the start of strike on Saturday.

Union members and studios are holding their first meeting as the walkout approaches day 100.
Just to reinforce the pessimistic conclusion, The Hollywood Reporter's headline read Writers Blast Latest AMPTP Efforts to Resume Negotiations: “Insulting and Out-of-Touch”. These strikes are not ending any time soon.

Since there are no new dates for the awards broadcasts, I think I can slow the pace of my Primetime and Creative Arts Emmy posts. The earliest I expect they could take place would be November. On the other hand, the News & Documentary Emmy Awards are not affected by either strike, so they should happen on schedule with the news awards being presented on Wednesday, September 27, 2023 and the documentary awards on Thursday, September 28, 2023. I'm shifting my focus to them for at least the next couple of posts. Stay tuned.

Previous posts about the 2023 Primetime and Creative Arts Emmy Awards

No comments:

Post a Comment