Friday, July 12, 2024

Colbert, Meyers, and 'The Daily Show' take more closer looks at Project 2025

I telegraphed today's topic to conclude U.S. birth rates resume falling while life expectancy increases for World Population Day 2024.
I promise to return to Project 2025 tomorrow now that I've finished celebrating three holidays over two days. Stay tuned.
I'm revisiting Closer looks at Project 2025 and President Biden post-debate as Meyers, Colbert, and Stewart return from break with more from the late-night talk-show hosts. Time to work the eye!

I begin with Stephen Colbert at his desk explaining Project 2025 Is Trump's Blueprint For A Radical Conservative Takeover Of The U.S. Government.

Donald Trump claims to know nothing about Project 2025 but the truth is that over 200 of his former staffers are laying plans for a far-right takeover of the entire federal bureaucracy should the GOP candidate win in November.
Stephen, tell us what you and your writers really think!

Seth Meyers featured both convicted criminal Hoover Cleveland and the Project 2025 logo in the preview image for Trump Returns to Campaign Trail with Deranged FL Rally, Dems Meet on Biden's Future: A Closer Look even though it's not in the title.

Seth takes a closer look at Trump reappearing on the campaign trail with a deranged speech in Florida while Democrats are predicting doom in November.
It's been a long time since I mentioned Ben Carson AKA Doctor Pyramid here, so thank you, Seth, for giving my readers and me another chance to laugh at him, especially since he's one of the authors of Project 2025. Hoover Cleveland can't run away from Project 2025 the way Doctor Pyramid ran away from the reporter.

The Daily Show also examined Trump's Confusing Project 2025 Response & W.H. Dismisses Biden Neurologist Visit.

Desi Lydic & Jordan Klepper cover Trump’s contradictory tweet about Project 2025, President Biden’s Parkinson’s panic, and Gwyneth Paltrow’s shitty house guest. Michael Kosta also helps Desi & Jordan get to the bottom of all of Biden’s medical house calls.
While I'm glad Desi Lydic and Jordan Klepper made Project 2025 the core of this opening segment, they, like Colbert and Meyers, couldn't resist or avoid the drama around President Biden's candidacy. At least Klepper and the show's writers came up with something useful, "Google Ghislaine Maxwell." Hoover Cleveland wished her well, too.

I conclude with my recycled reaction from MSNBC examines Project 2025, part 5.
"I know nothing about Project 2025" — Convicted criminal Hoover Cleveland is doing his best Sergeant Schultz impression about Project 2025.
That means what John Oliver, MSNBC, and bloggers like me have been doing is working. Good. That encourages me to keep it up. As Tom Sullivan at Digby's Hullabaloo says, Time To Work The Eye.

As for Hoover Cleveland (un)truthing "I have no idea who is behind [Project 2025]," check out MSNBC's list of chapter authors.
All of them have worked for him, so of course he's lying. He's not fooling anyone but himself and his most devoted followers.
...
I leave my readers with the following list Digby embedded in Incomplete Cheat Sheet.
As I've written before, yikes! No wonder it's unpopular!
I promise to keep working the eye, but it might not be until Monday, as I might move up the Sunday entertainment feature to tomorrow because Sunday is Bastille Day. I already have plans for the last of three patriotic holidays I celebrate on this blog during July. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment