Friday, October 2, 2026

Silly and serious closer looks at taxpayer-funded campaign ads from Seth Meyers and Leeja Miller

I got a late start today, so I'm sharing just two videos on a common theme, starting with Seth Meyers' Trump Slammed for Taxpayer-Funded Campaign Ads, Ken Paxton Disses Trump as GOP Panics: A Closer Look.

Seth takes a closer look at Donald Trump facing backlash from his own party for using taxpayer dollars to air campaign ads and his handpicked candidate for Senate in Texas bashing him.
I'm recycling a paragraph from Stewart, Meyers, and Kimmel take closer looks at Xi's state visit plus 'The Daily Show's and Kimmel's Emmys for my reaction.
As for Republicans opposing the war and distancing themselves from Pervert Hoover, I think that's as much because of the war's effect on fuel prices as anything else. I lived through the stagflation of the 1970s and today looks a lot like 50 years ago. It reminds me that people get more upset about inflation than unemployment. That's one of the reasons I used to be all over gas prices; they affect people's mood and political choices, as the GOP is figuring out and Pervert Hoover is ignoring. I think he's too focused on the third thing he cares about after self-aggrandizement and self-enrichment, revenge. He can't get over how Iran has frustrated him.
Donald "Pervert Hoover" Trump's solution won't work. First, as Seth pointed out, it will take too long. Second, natural gas has nothing to do with gasoline. Maybe Pervert Hoover thinks people are as confused about natural gas and gasoline as he is. Sigh. That's a small part of why Ken Paxton is upset with Pervert Hoover, who insulted Paxton, then ran a convention in Paxton's home turf that tied Paxton to Pervert Hoover, when (not my) President has record unpopularity. Jailbirds of a feather may flock together, but they might not like the results.

Pervert Hoover calling the taxpayer-funded campaign ads "public service announcements" (PSAs) once again demonstrates that he has the worst case of L'Etat, c'est moi I have ever seen. As far as he's concerned, he is the country, so what's good for him is good for the country. I doubt he realizes that the reverse might not be true.

Seth found plenty to laugh at in the taxpayer-funded campaign ads, but they deserve a serious examination from Leeja Miller, an actual attorney, who stated Your Tax Dollars Just Paid For Trump's Propaganda.

Trump has spent the last week disseminating propaganda paid for by the US Government and claiming they're all "public service announcements." Is the public service in the room with us? How does this compare to past presidential PSAs and propaganda used by authoritarian governments around the world?
Leeja is right; these are bad PSAs and look more like propaganda by authoritarian regimes. Speaking of which, Leeja "reminds me that I never wrote anything for Outstanding Commercial or the winners of Outstanding Promotional Announcement at the News & Doc Emmy Awards. It's on my to-do list." Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment