Thursday, July 19, 2012

Examiner.com article on Michigan Chamber of Commerce endorsements



U.S. Representative Tim Walberg


Michigan Chamber of Commerce endorses Senate, House candidates
On Monday and Tuesday of this week, the Michigan Chamber of Commerce announces its endorsements of candidates for Senate, U.S. House, and Michigan House. Three of these candidates will be on the ballot in Washtenaw County.

For Senate, the Chamber decided that either Clark Durant or Pete Hoekstra would be acceptable and endorsed both. This is in stark contrast to the Detroit Regional Chamber, which could not decide between the two and ended up not endorsing either.

In the 7th Congressional District, incumbent Tim Walberg earned the Chamber's approval, along with the seven other Republican incumbents running for re-election to the U.S. House of Representatives from Michigan.

The Michigan Chamber endorsed the candidates based on the organization's belief about who would improve the economic climate, including focusing on job creation and economic growth through pro-business policies.
As I wrote in a comment on Daily Kos, file the above under "keep your friends close, and your enemies even closer." These are all people I recommend voting against! Every last one of them is a corn pone fascist who has been or would be terrible for sustainability. The worst one is probably Walberg, who was my representative from 2007-2009 and who I was very happy to vote out of office in favor of Mark Schauer in 2008. I was disappointed to see him returned to office in 2010.

I feel dirty just having written this article, even though I'm only reporting the news. I think I'll make up for it by reporting the Michigan Chapter of the Sierra Club's endorsements next. I'm sure I'll feel much cleaner and happier once I do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment