Monday, February 19, 2024

National Day Calendar and WFMY explain Presidents Day and National Cherry Pie Day

Happy Presidents Day! For today's celebration, I'm being a good environmentalist by upcycling National Day Calendar and KUSA explain Presidents Day. I begin with this year's version of National Day Calendar's Presidents Day | February 19th - National Day Calendar.

The third Monday in February is Presidents Day!
I think the text on the preview screen should read "The Third Monday In February" instead of the current year's date. That way, it could be evergreen. But, hey, it's not my channel and am a bit lazy. Why do you think I'm recycling an idea?

WFMY News 2 explained why the holiday is on the third Monday of February and why it's still officially Washington's birthday on the federal calendar in The History of Presidents Day.

Presidents Day is a federal holiday celebrating George Washington's birthday on the third Monday in February every year.
I can relate to the anchors' complaints. I don't get today off, either, although I do get Labor Day and Memorial Day off. My teaching schedule can only tolerate so many holidays!

Cherry trees and cherry pie are associated with Washington, so it's no surprise that tomorrow is National Cherry Pie Day | February 20.

Pull up a chair and have a slice of cherry pie with us while we continue to research the origins of this pie-celebrating day.

Cherry Pie FAQ
Q. Which is more popular, apple or cherry pie?
A. According to a poll by National Day Calendar, apple pie is more popular than cherry pie.

Q. Can I use fresh or canned cherries to make cherry pie?
A. Either one can be used to make cherry pie. Canned cherries are always in season and are convenient. Fresh cherries, while more work, bring a fresh flavor to the pie.

Q. How many calories are in one slice of cherry pie?
A. One slice of cherry pie contains approximately 486 calories.
I wish my readers an early National Cherry Pie Day, as I'm sure I'll be writing about something else tomorrow. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment