Tuesday, September 19, 2023

Talk like a Straw Hat Pirate — 'One Piece' for Talk Like A Pirate Day


Arr! It be Talk Like A Pirate Day! For this year's celebration, I'm looking at a manga turned anime turned live-action pirate show, One Piece. Watch ONE PIECE | Official Trailer | Netflix.

Free Yourselves. Take to the Seas. The Journey to find the ONE PIECE begins August 31. Only on Netflix.
...
With his straw hat and ragtag crew, young pirate Monkey D. Luffy goes on an epic voyage for treasure in this live-action adaptation of the popular manga.
That looks like a lot of fun. It also reminds me that when I was reading the "One Piece" manga 20 years ago, I didn't feel like I was reading a comic for pre-teen boys until I got to the end of each chapter, when the author would put in a bit of history about pirates. Those felt like he was talking to a younger audience. The story itself was fast-paced, engrossing, and enjoyable for all ages. It looks like the live-action adaptation is succeeding in adapting it to the TV screen.

That's all I feel like sharing today. Stay tuned as I return to my regular programming tomorrow, whatever that is.

2 comments:

  1. I have read ONE PIECE on and off over the years, and I'm happy to say that the Netflix live-action series is...perfect! I mean, it has a couple of flaws but overall it is very, very good and a lot of fun. It also helps that creator of ONE PIECE, Eiichiro Oda, was involved in the creation of the show. The cast is great, the production values are great...it's worth the watch.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to Crazy Eddie's Motie News and thanks for the comment and recommendation! Now I'll have to actually watch it.

      Delete