Tuesday, September 12, 2023

The History Guy tackles 'The Rise and Fall of the American Mall,' a tale of the Retail Apocalypse

I haven't written about the Retail Apocalypse since Bright Sun Films presents 'Bankrupt - Chuck E Cheese's', a tale of the Retail Apocalypse two months ago, which is too long. Fortunately, the YouTube algorithm suggested The History Guy's most recent video, The Rise and Fall of the American Mall, over the weekend. Perfect timing!

Malls were, for a few decades, a center of US life- but in the 2000s a new term arose “dead malls.”
My longtime readers should find this familiar territory, as I began covering dead malls and the Retail Apocalypse as overarching phenomena instead of just the failure of my local mall with Vox on America's dying malls as failed third spaces more than five years ago. Since then, I've posted Business Insider on dead malls in the Retail Apocalypse with assistance from Dan Bell and Radiohead, Wired on dead malls, a tale of the Retail Apocalypse, The future of malls for Cyber Monday, a tale of the Retail Apocalypse, The rise and fall of the mall from Business Insider, a tale of the Retail Apocalypse and pandemic, and CNBC explains why U.S. malls are disappearing, plus Forever 21 and Brooks Brothers saved for now, tales of the Retail Apocalypse and pandemic. Yes, I've written a lot about both dead malls and the history of malls, but it's good to see a fresh and comprehensive take from a historian. I enjoyed this video enough to share it with my readers and subscribe to The History Guy's channel. I hope my readers appreciate the video, too.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah, I forget that sometimes. I think I even created that community. Facebook doesn't send me warnings when groups have no activity for a month like MeWe does. Those remind me to post at MeWe when I get them

      Delete