John Oliver discusses how the Trump family’s cryptocurrency ventures have overshadowed their other businesses, how they’ve created massive conflicts of interest for the Trump administration, and what it all has to do with Fartcoin.Five years ago, Donald "Pervert Hoover" Trump was skeptical, if not downright hostile to cryptocurrency. Three years ago, he was all in. In between, a lot of cryptocurrency money poured into campaigns. I'm sure that helped change a lot of politicians' minds, including Pervert Hoover, but I'm with John; it was mostly what crypto could do for his personal and family fortunes that did the trick. That turned out to be correct. File that under "even a stuck clock is right twice a day."
Purchases of Trump family memecoins are not only making Pervert Hoover, his wife, and sons rich, they're buying access. They're also affecting legal actions, which intersects with Trump's pardons. I'm recycling what I wrote about Bitconned in 'Buy Now! The Shopping Conspiracy' leads Outstanding Business and Economic Documentary nominees at the News & Doc Emmy Awards.
This reminds me of McMillion$, an examination of an elaborate scam and the scammers behind it. It also shows the fine line between business and the economy on one side and crime and justice on the other. I'm not surprised the two intersected at cryptocurrency.Or that they intersected the Trump family business, either.
I shouldn't be surprised. As I first remarked in MSNBC examines Project 2025, part 1, "Jailbirds of a feather flock together," especially jailbirds useful to Pervert Hoover.

Follow over the jump for Last Week Tonight with John Oliver's Emmy nominations.
I begin this section with 78th Emmys Nominations: Variety Series from the Television Academy.
The nominees for Outstanding Variety Series are The Daily Show, Jimmy Kimmel Live!, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert and Saturday Night Live.I'm recycling what I wrote in 'The Daily Show' examines Fauci's testimony and RFK Hospital plus Emmy nominations for 'The Daily Show' as my reaction.
The graphic says seven nominations, but four of those are for Desi Lydic Foxsplains and Jordan Klepper Fingers the Pulse: Give the Man a Prize with two each, so the main show only has three. This places [The Daily Show] behind Saturday Night Live with eleven, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert with nine, and Jimmy Kimmel Live! with six, and even with Last Week Tonight with John Oliver at three. Gold Derby is predicting that The Late Show with Stephen Colbert will win.I featured a short about the Moon Mammoths minor league baseball team in John Oliver dissects 'Trump’s One Big Beautiful Bill'. Here is the second short, Moon Mammoths game.
Next, The Daily Show proper's nominations at the Creative Arts Emmy Awards.Outstanding Picture Editing for Variety Programming (Segment)SNL won this award for its 50th anniversary special last year and The Daily Show the year before, so they're the co-favorites. I plan on writing one of these posts for SNL, so I'm waiting until then to make a call.
- The Daily Show: "RFK Hospital: An Original Series Inspired by the Medical Advice of RFK Jr. – Nikolai Johnson (Comedy Central)
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver: "Moon Mammoths Game Documentary" – Ryan Barger (HBO)
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert: "The Late Show closes out its storied run at the Ed Sullivan Theater with help from Paul McCartney and Elvis Costello" – Andrew Matheson and Amanda Sprecher (CBS)
- Saturday Night Live: "Home Alone" – Ryan Spears (NBC)
- Saturday Night Live: "MAHAspital (The New Pitt)" – Christopher Salerno and Mak Makower (NBC)
For more on the inaugural Moon Mammoths game, watch Sunday’s full episode on HBO Max! Trust us, it was a real nail biter. And we would of course like to apologize for John’s opening pitch. We will not let him throw baseballs in public anymore, you have our word.I don't know if it will win, but it was fun to watch.
I close with a category I haven't covered before.
Outstanding Writing for a Variety SeriesEvery editor and expert at Gold Derby, along with 73.5% of users, think Last Week Tonight with John Oliver will walk off the podium with the Emmy statuette. I agree. I feel like telling the 26.1% of users who picked The Late Show with Stephen Colbert that being a sentimental favorite won't work in this category and to listen to the professionals.
- Jimmy Kimmel Live! – (ABC)
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver – (HBO)
- The Late Show with Stephen Colbert – (CBS)
That's a wrap for today. Stay tuned to see if I continue my awards show coverage tomorrow or blog about something else.
Previous posts about the 2026 Primetime and Creative Arts Emmy Awards
- 'The Tale of Silyan' vs 'The Librarians' for Exceptional Merit in Documentary Filmmaking at the Emmy Awards
- Drink to Bad Bunny's Super Bowl Halftime Show's Emmy nominations on National PiƱa Colada Day
- 'Desi Lydic Foxsplains Trump's Big Beautiful Ballroom' plus the short form nominees at the Emmy Awards
- 'Jordan Klepper Fingers the Pulse: Give the Man a Prize' plus the Emmy nominees for Outstanding Hosted Nonfiction Series or Special
- 'Prehistoric Planet: Ice Age' earned two Emmy nominations for its VFX and music
- 'Oceans with David Attenborough' tied with 'Mel Brooks: The 99 Year Old Man!' for Outstanding Documentary or Nonfiction Special
- 'Mr. Scorsese' vs. 'The American Revolution' for Outstanding Documentary or Nonfiction Series plus Data Centers on Earth Overshoot Day
- 'The Daily Show' examines Fauci's testimony and RFK Hospital plus Emmy nominations for 'The Daily Show'
No comments:
Post a Comment