Sunday, March 15, 2020

Italian military providing inspiration during coronavirus lockdown for The Ides of March

Beware The Ides of March!  To mark today, I was going to combine my usual theme of dread in the Med(iterranean) with my traditional Sunday entertainment feature by showing Italians singing to cheer themselves during their country's lockdown, but Paul W. at You Might Notice A Tread beat me to it.  No need for me to do that now when I can just refer my readers to his blog.

Instead, I will show something else inspiring, the Italian military putting on displays to bolster the morale of Italy's citizens.  I begin with VOA News showing Italian Paratrooper Supports Italy's COVID-19 Fight With Skydive.

An Italian army paratrooper dropped into Rome trailing a giant Italian flag, Friday, March 13, to express solidarity with the country as it is in lockdown due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Next, Mark 1333 uploaded a clip from BBC News showing Coronavirus (Covid-19) Italian air force display for Italy's people.

The Italian air force put on this display for Italy's people in unity and solidarity, as the country is in lock down.
I'd prefer to embed an official clip from BBC News, but there doesn't seem to be one.  Darn.  I hope this clip survives.  Even more important, I hope Italy gets out of lockdown soon and that the rest of the world, including the U.S., takes the example of Italy as a cautionary tale.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not eating out because restaurants have been closed as part of the coronavirus emergency would also make one lose weight. That written, post this spam on a food entry and I might let it stay. Here, I will delete it.

      Delete