Sunday, March 29, 2020

'The Daily Show' and others review movies and series to watch while staying at home during a pandemic

For this week's Sunday entertainment feature, I'm looking at movies to watch while staying at home during the coronavirus pandemic.  I begin with a video that confronts the crisis directly from The Daily Show with Trevor Noah, Roy Wood Jr. Reviews Pandemic Movies.

Contagion. Outbreak. 28 Days Later. Roy Wood, Jr. reviews the top pandemic movies of our time.
Roy Wood, Jr., is right about "Contagion."  It hits way too close to home, as it accurately predicted what has happened so far.  That's a point Grace Randolph made in Beyond The Trailer's Apple to Buy Disney? What to Watch on Netflix, Disney Plus, calling it "scarily accurate."

What to Watch today! Beyond The Trailer host Grace Randolph's reaction and breakdown of the top ten on Apple TV aka iTunes, Disney Plus and Netflix! Plus could Apple really buy Disney? Plus what new streaming movies & tv shows are coming up, from Birds of Prey to Bloodshot to Ozark Season 3! Share your own reaction and be sure to make Beyond The Trailer your first stop for movie and entertainment news here on YouTube today!
Grace stopped her comments about Netflix's top ten last week with "2012," which I have the same opinion of as "San Andreas," "bad science in the service of action and special effects."  Too bad, as I recommend number 8 in the top ten, the documentary series "Pandemic," which focuses on influenza, measles, and ebola as it was shot before the COVID-19 pandemic began.  I found the science both credible and scary.

By the way, the true-crime series "Tiger King" seems to be finding its audience because of people staying home during the pandemic.  I've seen tweet after tweet praising it for its entertainment value.  So far, I've resisted, as I tweeted "I think my wife would have a problem with the animal cruelty. Instead, we're watching McMillion$ on HBO for our true-crime fix."

Finally, Infidel753 recommended Movies to Social Isolate With so you don't watch trash (Best of 2019) from Amanda The Jedi.


That's an interesting list that includes some of the movies I plan on including in this year's edition of the Golden Coffee Cups for movies, including "1917," "Jojo Rabbit," and "The Report" for the best movies about politics and government from 2019.  That reminds me that it's time to start working on compiling the eligible movie list — after I work on my remote learning lessons for my classes.  Priorities.  As I also tweeted last week, "working from home is still work."

No comments:

Post a Comment