Sunday, July 9, 2023

Animalogic on wombats for Souther plus ice cream cone sugar cookies for Sugar Cookie Day

Happy Souther!
Today is the first Sunday after the first full moon after the Summer Solstice, so it's Souther, a holiday created by John Michael Greer and entrusted to me. He also designated the wombat as the animal mascot for the holiday.
I telegraphed my ideas to celebrate today in Celebrate American Eagle Day with an ice cream soda when I wrote, "I plan on using the channel's video about wombats for Souther on July 9th." Watch Wombats Look Like Real Life Ewoks.

Wombats are the heroes of the bush fires, the stealer of hearts, and the knights of the most adorable joust in the world.
I found this video to be even more informative and entertaining than I expected, although it's almost too cute for its own good. "Mortal Wombat...Fight!" LOL. While I anticipated Danielle Dufault describing the wombat's cubic poop, she surprised me by mentioning that engineers are studying how the wombat shapes its feces so they can imitate it in manufacturing. Consider this to be another example of "Nature knows best," one of Commoner's Laws.

By the way, Animalogic uploaded this video on July 17, 2020, the Friday after that year's Souther on July 12, 2020. I'm adding it to the rest of the coincidences around Souther, wombats, and ice cream that have occurred since Greer created the holiday and I started maintaining it.

Just like last year, Souther shares its observances with other holidays. Follow over the jump for today's, National Sugar Cookie Day.

Three years ago, KTNV Channel 13 Las Vegas reported Today is national sugar cookie day.

Today is national sugar cookie day. Most sugar cookies include flour, butter, eggs, vanilla, and either baking soda or baking powder. Sugar of course is in them as well, making today the perfect 'cheat day.'
I didn't have to expand the description to see the upload date to figure out that KTNV shot this video in 2020. Media made during the pandemic has a very distinctive look.

I'm combining sugar cookies with eating ice cream, the food of Souther, since the first celebration fell on National Ice Cream Day and the holiday usually happens during July, which is National Ice Cream Month — even the one celebration so far during June fell on National Ice Cream Cake Day — by sharing Three Ice Cream Cone Decorated Sugar Cookies on Kookievision by Sweetheart Baking Experiment.

I'll show you how to make three different flavours of ice cream, which are perfect to add to your Summer sugar cookie mix. What other flavours would you add to your mix? Here in Canada, we have an awesome flavour called Tiger Tail, which is orange ice cream with a ribbon of black licorice throughout. It's an acquired taste, but I think it's delicious!

I'll also give you a quick little crash course in cratering, as well.
I chose this video because of the preview image and description, but it turned out to be the third video from July 2020 for today. I guess I'm making up for that year's Souther post, which had no images, videos, or links because my home internet was out.


I close with two Souther traditions, an image of a wombat eating ice cream (above) and The Wombats singing Ice Cream.

Ice Cream · The Wombats · Matthew Edward Murphy · Tord Oeverland Knudsen · Daniel Joseph Haggis
Once again, happy Souther!

No comments:

Post a Comment