Friday, October 27, 2023

Dancing American witches on Black Cat Day for Halloween

Happy Black Cat Day! One of the posts enjoying its share of seasonal interest today is Dancing German witches for Halloween, so I decided to be a good environmentalist and recycle the theme by reviving Dancing American witches for Halloween. Watch three videos by Robert Bernstein of a dance performance on State Street in Santa Barbara the day before Halloween 2021 beginning with Witchy Woman/German Witch Song: La Boheme Halloween Dance.


The performance continued with Staying Alive: La Boheme Halloween Dance.


After a short break, the show concluded with Thriller: La Boheme Halloween Dance.


From witches to zombies — nice trick — and treat!

I close with a witch-themed drink, THE COVEN | THE CRAFT INSPIRED COCKTAIL from Secret of the Booze.

This witchy cocktail is perfect for your Coven

Ingredients:
Aquafaba
Empress 1908 Gin
Lavender Sryup
Elderflower Tonic Water
Purple Sugar
Crescent Moon Cut Out

Directions:
Mix 0.5 oz Aquafaba, 1.5 oz Empress 1908 Gin, and .75 oz Lavender Sryup over ice. Strain over top of a splash of Elderflower Tonic Water Sprinkle Purple Sugar over top using crescent moon cut out to make the moon final shape.
Drink responsibly and stay tuned for more Halloween posts through the end of the month. Trick or treat!

5 comments:

  1. Dancing witches are a few of my favorite things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by. I'm glad I was able to find some of them for you.

      Delete
  2. Quite a show! And I had no idea that Black Cat Day was a thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. I watched at least a dozen dancing witches videos, found this and thought "this is the one."

      I wouldn't have known today is Black Cat Day if it weren't for National Day Calendar. Good thing I keep a tab open to the site all the time!

      Delete
    2. Thanks to both Infidel753 and Steve in Manhattan for linking to this post in Link round-up for 29 October 2023 and Mike's Blog Round-Up at Crooks and Liars, respectively. Welcome to all of you who came here from those links! Also, welcome to all my Singaporean, Dutch, Ukrainian, Canadian, and other international readers. I appreciate all of you, especially my Singaporean readers, who have contributed nearly 7,000 page views this week, almost three times as many as my American readers after cutting way back for two weeks. Thanks to you, I made my monthly page view goal on Friday. While you never really left, I missed you. Welcome back!

      Delete