Saturday, June 15, 2024

PBS Eons explains 'Why Megalodon (Definitely) Went Extinct' for Megalodon Day

I'm taking the option I gave myself near the end of Global Wind Day with 'Windpower' by Thomas Dolby.
This is a good day for me to observe, since I'm an environmentalist who supports renewable energy. I could post much more, but I conserve my resources, so I'll save them for future posts — that is, if I'm not being a paleontologist by celebrating National Megalodon Day instead.
Two days of listening to Hoover Cleveland rant about sharks has influenced me to observe Megalodon Day instead. I'm celebrating by sharing PBS Eons explaining Why Megalodon (Definitely) Went Extinct.

For more than 10 million years, Megalodon was at the top of its game as the oceans’ apex predator...until 2.6 million years ago, when it went extinct. So, what happened to the largest shark in history?
I've been waiting nearly six years to use this video, so, thanks, Hoover Cleveland, for inspiring me. File that under even the worst people can sometimes be useful!

By the way, today is also World Martini Day.
World Martini Day falls on the third Saturday in June each year. Around the world martini lover's are shaking up their gin to enjoy this unique beverage with a twist. Join us as we learn a few facts about the martini and help you understand why we raise a glass to this summertime beverage holiday.
I'd been celebrating it on June 19th for years, but apparently it's moved. Either the people behind it wanted to avoid Juneteenth or National Day Calendar was confused all along. I'm still celebrating with MEGALODON BITE Fishbowl Cocktail! (Inspired by Meg 2) by The Martini Shot.


Drink responsibly and stay tuned for Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment