The Mackinac Bridge team let me follow them around for a day, and here's what I learned about how they're still keeping this feat of engineering alive.That was worth waiting for. I hope all the people walking across the Mackinac Bridge today appreciate how much work it takes to maintain it. I know I do!
Special thanks to the Michigan Department of Transportation and the Mackinac Bridge Authority for the images, research help, and of course, the excellent tour of the bridge!
That's a wrap for today's educational holiday post. Stay tuned for more Emmy Awards coverage.
Thanks to Steve in Manhattan for linking to this entry in Mike’s Blog Roundup and welcome to all his readers who came here! Also, thanks to all my international readers from Singapore, Hong Kong, Brazil, Germany, Bangladesh, the United Kingdom, and the rest of the planet. I particularly want to give a shout out to my German readers, who provided 12,299 page views the past seven days, nearly 2,000 more than my American readers. It looks like you're checking in on the mood here in the U.S. May my blog be the right place for you!
ReplyDelete