Saturday, April 23, 2022

Phantom Regiment's 'Juliet' for Shakespeare's Birthday

Happy Shakespeare's Birthday! For today's celebration of the Bard of Stratford, I'm turning it into one of my trademark drum corps holidays with Courtney Coulston's New Zealand Girl Reacts to PHANTOM REGIMENT 2011 - JULIET.



That's the second portrayal of "Romeo and Juliet" by a drum corps on a football field I've featured on this blog, but it won't be the last. I was planning on featuring two corps that played Radiohead's "Exit Music (for a Film)," which debuted in the 1996 "Romeo + Juliet" (even though it was not listed in the soundtrack) and was re-used in "Westworld," two years ago, but the pandemic intervened and Shakespeare's Birthday fell on Thursday and Friday, so I used those days for retrospectives instead. Don't worry. I'm still thinking about doing that in the future, but next year I might examine Shakespeare in Star Trek. "The Klingon Hamlet," anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment