Thursday, January 19, 2023

Jon Stewart on the problem with George Santos

I have another example of George Santos living up to my prediction that he'll be a great inspiration for comedy as long as he stays in the news, which might be much longer than he stays in the House. Watch "The Problem with Jon Stewart" On George Santos’s Absurd Lies.

On this week’s podcast, Jon talks with staff writers Henrik Blix and Maria Randazzo about George Santos’s laundry list of ridiculous lies, why he got away with making this stuff up for so long, and why he’d be a treat to wrestle.
Jon Stewart is right about underestimating the danger of ridiculous people. I underestimated The Former Guy from the time he announced until about the middle of 2016, when I finally became alarmed. I hope Santos, as silly as he is, doesn't follow that pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment