Saturday, January 7, 2023

CNN takes 'A look at the aftermath of the Jan 6 insurrection two years later'

I'm not done with the second anniversary of 2021's attempted self-coup.* Watch A look at the aftermath of the Jan 6 insurrection two years later from CNN.

CNN’s Randi Kaye gives a look at the events after the January 6th attack, and the most critical moments from the investigation in the two years since.
This retrospective deals as much with the progress and findings of the January 6th Committee hearings as the insurrection itself. I will be writing about those in the spring, as the four posts I linked to are currently among the most read during the twelfth year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News. In the meantime, I hope we learn from them and do something about the circumstances that led to the insurrection, although given Kevin "Pickled Tongue" McCarthy finally winning the Speakership after fifteen ballots, I doubt it will be because of federal legislation during the next two years. Sigh.

*I know I wrote "I'm going to take a break from this drama for an entertainment update on Saturday" at the end of Meyers and Colbert take closer looks at McCarthy's continuing 'Groundhog Day' of losing votes for Speaker, but I decided it would take more time than I wanted to spend today. Instead, I'm postponing that for Norther on Sunday. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment