Monday, January 30, 2023

Randy Rainbow sings 'Speaker of the House' for Kevin McCarthy

I've mentioned Randy Rainbow's Emmy nominations here, even writing "I have a soft spot for 'The Randy Rainbow Show,' which has been nominated for this category and its predecessor Outstanding Short Form Variety Series the past three years. I would like an independent YouTube creator winning against a field of network and streaming shows and spinoffs." However, I don't recall ever embedding one of his videos here. Now that he has created one for Kevin "Pickled Tongue" McCarthy in (dis)honor of McCarthy becoming Speaker after 15 ballots, it's about time I did. Take it away, Speaker of the House - Randy Rainbow Song Parody!

Parody of “Master of the House” from Les MisĂ©rables by Claude-Michel Schönberg, Alain Boublil, Jean-Marc Natel and Herbert Kretzmer...
In addition to mocking McCarthy, Randy Rainbow took shots at the Republican House majority, including George Santos. Easy targets, but well-aimed none-the-less.

By the way, Randy Rainbow included this news item in the video description: "Hey! I'm a 2023 Grammy Nominee for Best Comedy Album! Check out my debut album A LITTLE BRAINS, A LITTLE TALENT wherever music is sold or streamed." That reminds me that I haven't written about the Grammy nominees until today. It's now on my to-do list.

No comments:

Post a Comment