Saturday, February 4, 2023

Randy Rainbow's songs from his Grammy-nominated comedy album

I ended Randy Rainbow sings 'Speaker of the House' for Kevin McCarthy with a note to myself.
By the way, Randy Rainbow included this news item in the video description: "Hey! I'm a 2023 Grammy Nominee for Best Comedy Album! Check out my debut album A LITTLE BRAINS, A LITTLE TALENT wherever music is sold or streamed." That reminds me that I haven't written about the Grammy nominees until today. It's now on my to-do list.
The Grammy Awards are tomorrow, which means this idea will turn into a pumpkin then. Since I'm planning on blogging about "Saturday Night Live" tomorrow, I've written a short post about Randy Rainbow's nomination today by sharing the YouTube videos of songs from A Little Brains, A Little Talent beginning with the most popular, the bonus track IF DONALD GOT FIRED - Randy Rainbow Parody (featuring Patti LuPone!).


Hahahaha! Tell us what you really think! Good thing we voters did fire The Former Guy!

The second most viewed song from the album on YouTube is MR. BIDEN (Bring My Vaccine) - A Randy Rainbow Song Parody, another bonus track.


We got vaccines, which are helping to turn COVID-19 pandemic into a more manageable endemic disease. I was hoping for elimination, but as The Rolling Stones sing, you can't always get what you want. Still, we got what we needed.

Counting up, Clang, Clang, Clang Went Josh Hawley! - A Randy Rainbow Song Parody had the third most views on YouTube.


Listening to Senator Hawley list of motivations for his critics reminds me that Projection is the Right's favorite defense mechanism, as I wrote more than a decade ago. Also, I knew I would eventually hear Randy Rainbow sing a parody of a Judy Garland song.

The fourth most viewed song from the album is TED and LINDSEY! - A Randy Rainbow Song Parody.


Ted Cruz and Lindsey Graham make for a deserving pair of targets for ridicule.

I conclude the videos with Randy singing about his trademark PINK GLASSES (A YouTube Exclusive).


That was both fun and sweet and concluded with the cover of his Grammy-nominated album. Good luck, Randy!

Now for Randy Rainbow's competition.
Best Comedy Album

The Closer – Dave Chappelle
Comedy Monster – Jim Gaffigan
A Little Brains, A Little Talent – Randy Rainbow
Sorry – Louis C.K.
We All Scream – Patton Oswalt
That's a very tough field of established comedians. Dave Chappelle and Louis C.K. have won this category three times each with Louis C.K. last year's winner, Patton Oswalt has won it once, and Jim Gaffigan has been nominated seven times. This is Randy Rainbow's first Grammy nomination and he should feel flattered to be in their company. If he doesn't win, which is a distinct possibility, he can at least take comfort that he's the host of the pre-show. He'll be on stage no matter what!

No comments:

Post a Comment