Saturday, March 1, 2014

Nablopomo for March: Self


This month's theme is SELF.
Who are you? No, really, we want to know. That's why we read your blog. Isn't that a little crazy? That there are people out there who are fascinated with... YOU.

This month, we're bringing it back to the self. What makes you tick? What have you learned about yourself through blogging? Do you do better in a group or hanging out alone? Every person is unique, and we want to celebrate each and every one of you.

Of course, don't forget the visual element we brought into last month's NaBloPoMo in honour of PhOTY -- Photo of the Year. We want to make sure your blog is getting traffic from Pinterest and Instagram. So throw up those selfies, give us a view of your world, and show us the places that are important to you.
That's from the website.  Here's what the email said.
Your unique voice adds to the whole of BlogHer, and we want to hear it. This month's NaBloPoMo theme is SELF. We want to understand what makes you different, and how we're all the same. You're the only one who can give us a tour of your brain, and we want to see the world through your eyes.

We're also going to have plenty of tips on how to improve yourself. In other words, how to be your best self. And don't forget the visual element we brought into NaBloPoMo last month: give us your selfies, take a snapshot of your breakfast, and make a video tour of your writing space. We want to see all the things that are important to you.
Ostensibly, I don't feature myself in this blog. That's what I did regularly and sometimes still do on my LiveJournal and Dreamwidth.  Instead, this blog is here to feature news that I find important not only for myself as a citizen and teacher, but what I think is important for other people.  That's why this is Crazy Eddie's Motie News.  Still, I know that my personality seeps through, even if its only by my priorities reflected in the choice of stories.

This month in particular will be like that, as March is full of fun holidays, both real and fake, and ends in retrospectives of the year just past.  Expect me to wrap up the series I suspended last year when I posted Second Year of Crazy Eddie's Motie News: Scary musical clowns from Detroit before I start reviewing the top posts from the third year of the blog.
Sign up for March's NaBloPoMo and tell us about YOU!
I signed up so early that there wasn't even a blogroll yet.  Now I'm number 23.

No comments:

Post a Comment